Thursday, January 26, 2023

Another space heater fail.

The second storm wasn't nearly as bad as it was supposed to be.  It only dumped a couple of inches of snow before it switched to rain.  I didn't even need to clear anything this morning, which was a breath of fresh air.  When everything freezes it will be a nightmare, but oh well.  

I did however have another space heater fail.  This makes both of the Pelonis ones in one winter.  Since it wasn't cold last night, it only got down to 61 though.  This one the heating element failed.  Since I doubt the resistors broke down I am guessing something just desoldered, so I might take it apart at some point.  Given the seemingly alarmingly high failure rates I have seen though I am not sure I want to run without a backup for too long, I am down to just the one I got from Aunt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment