Friday, January 20, 2023

Housing update

I went back to FineLine homes yesterday and talked to the salesman I had been working with.  The two finalists that remain I am now looking at the customizations that they can do.  For the 24401 (the one with the hook), I am getting it quoted at the full 28' width for example.  I am mostly concerned with wall space in the living room to be honest, though having some extra space in the bedrooms and kitchen/dining area would be nice as well.  Just as a reminder this is the 24401:


They actually had the other finalist (the 24407, the blue one) mostly set up and I got to walk around in it.  The kitchen looks smaller in real life than it did in the floorplan.  The corner cuts out more of it than I thought.  The one they had was the full 48' long, which adds a few thousand to it, but seems worth it, the other two bedrooms didn't feel tiny.  I still need to figure out how exactly I am going to fit 48' long on my property, but I liked the space.  I didn't have a way to open the paneling for the water heater though (my drill has my 1/4 driver in it and was at home not in my toolbox that stays in the truck), so I didn't get a good look at whether or not the water filter would fit. 

The access panel
The second bath.
Their install crew did a poor job with the carpeting (or it wasn't complete yet, not sure which, the house wasn't 100% assembled).  Also of note, the closets for the other two rooms are not extended, but I would have space to either put a closet or something between the two rooms in the extended floorplan.
The master bath.
I thought the optional window (this is in the master bedroom) was an actual full size window.  I was on the fence about it since it would likely mean I have to put something in front of a window because of a lack of wallspace, but this is something I would definitely get.  
Master Bedroom.
This unit had the door in the utility room removed, and they added a sliding glass door in the dining area.  I really like that upgrade, I am not sure how much that costs though.
The kitchen.  I was told it comes with a fridge, but there isn't one there.  I would clarify that.  I like the almost excessive number of outlets too.
This is the corner that is cut out for the water heater and whatnot.  It looks big on this side.

Just as a reminder, this is the floorplan (albeit for the 44' long version, not the 48').  The 48' adds 2' to every BR and the dining area.

The one I looked at wasn't blue though.

I also got a few more answers: their lead time is currently about three months.  The islands and master bath showers come standard (those were options I would have wanted).  Everything is confirmed propane; the furnace and stove come set up for natural gas but everything comes with a propane conversion kit.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the inside the second one actually looks nicer than the first one. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete