Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Moving weekend

I went and helped Tim move to Rhode Island last weekend, so no real progress updates.  While it was hot, there was a fairly constant ocean breeze that made the heat tolerable (once we got there anyways).  The house is old (>250 years) and needs a little TLC, but Tim is an excellent choice to take on that kind of place.  They still had an old well house, with a rope and bucket for the well (it does have a modern plumbing system too now).  


The view from his front door.


One of the places we went to eat had a crushed seashell base.  We ate outside since it was nice.  


They had a view too.  


Bailey accompanied us.  


When I got back, I had intended to mow my yard, but it was really hot and I was tired.  I will need to do something with it this week; it is over knee deep in a few spots.  The good news is that brown on the right side of the yard is mostly dead knotweed.  I am almost out of herbicide so I will need to make a trip to Tractor Supply, but the weekly poisoning seems to have worked.  I didn't see a bunch of new stalks popping up, though I didn't go and look.


I plan to go order the futon today and I expect most of the week will be spent mowing.  With how deep it is, it will probably take all week.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment