Thursday, May 12, 2022

Week prep work.

I haven't done a bunch of work during the week, but I did get a bunch of stuff ready.  
Everything for the car wash is ready.  I picked up a cheapo car wash kit, and you can see the paint pens on the right.  


I also got around to getting my hose hooked up.  It should be safe by this point.  We came close to freezing earlier in the week, but it wouldn't have stayed below freezing long enough to freeze the pipes.


I also decided that I am going to sell the cap separately.  I borrowed some picks from work, and while I had much better success with those, I concluded that after spending a whole evening on it and only getting the key to go halfway in that it wasn't worth the effort.

A couple of other odds and ends: with all the work in the field next door, the wood chuck is back in my yard.  He decided to hide in the rocks when I came home.  



My shoes are literally worn through.  I picked up a new cheap pair of sneakers for the time being.  


Work is giving away a bunch of stuff they had sitting around collecting dust.  I managed to snag some wire.  The orange is 16AWG and is what I use to tie things up, and 16AWG is good general purpose wire.  The two boxes are stranded 12AWG and are the same kind of stuff I used for solar experimentation. I know Dad was considering some solar stuff (he has my panel and has expressed interest in the batteries when I am not using them in the power center anymore) and this wire could be used to hook things up.  

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment