Thursday, May 26, 2022

Truck updates.

I got home early enough on Monday to work on the paint some.  I did a quick wipe down and started to put clearcoat on it, but personally I thought the truck looked better without the clearcoat so I abandoned it.  This means the truck is more or less ready to go.  I will do a more thorough cleaning and vacuuming when I go to trade it in, but probably not anything until then.  


It turned out that was just in time.  I got an email today from Ford saying that my vehicle is being scheduled for production.  This means the unknown potentially months long time variable in the delivery of my truck is now complete.  At this point, everything should follow a pretty set timeframe.  I should have the truck in a few weeks.  All things considered, this is earlier than expected; I ordered the truck less than a month ago.  


Most of the rest of the week, I have actually been looking around at futon's.  Something has gone wrong with my mattress and the springs are starting to poke through.  Since the couch was also worn out years ago (which is why I took the extra pillows from the camper to put under the cushions), I am thinking of just replacing both of them with a futon.  Frazier and Sons has one that I am looking into.  They are surprisingly hard to find.  This might mean the end of the murphy bed.


For now, I am intending to mark the truck prep as complete.  I need to get moving on the house work, since that could have an impact on some of the financial details for the truck.  Currently I am planning on only putting 30k down on it (20k cash, 10k trade in) and taking out a loan so I still have 20k+ for the down payment on the house, but I need to make sure that is sufficient.  

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment