Friday, May 20, 2022

Mowing week

I didn't do much during the week, just catching up on some mowing.  

When I went out mowing on Wednesday (I didn't post this yesterday since I was moving my desk at work.  Our manager thought everyone losing a few days of productivity would increase our efficiency)  noticed that the slab is dry, which more or less confirms that the hose is the issue.  


This is the second time this season I have used the push mower.  Both times now it has run great for five minutes, died and wouldn't run for a few minutes then starts up and runs trouble free for the rest of the mowing.  It is kind of annoying.  I will try running some cleaner through it.  


I noticed that for some reason this year I have a ton of wild strawberries.


I got both sides of the front yard finished.  I lowered the deck on the push mower this time and it looks much nicer.  



What I did last weekend already needs mowing again.  

I have gotten a couple of inquiries on the cap, but nobody has taken it yet.  It is blocking the utility trailer, so I might drop the price on it, since I am asking what I paid for it and it is in worse shape than when I bought it.  The inability to buy trucks right now doesn't help either.  Still no word from Ford on mine yet, though it hasn't been a month yet.  The weather roller coaster is supposed to continue into this weekend.  Last night I tossed an extra blanket on the bed because it was 64 inside when I went to bed, and was 58 when I woke up.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 90s.  Storms are coming, so I am not sure if the pile of dirt will be dry enough to spread.  I will find something to work on this weekend though.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment