Monday, May 23, 2022

Sweltering weekend.

It was hot this weekend, so I didn't do a whole lot of stuff outside.  While it didn't quite reach 90 on Saturday, it was really close, and Sunday did make it into the 90s.  Saturday morning I sold the truck cap.  It wouldn't have added any value to the truck at trade in, fit my truck poorly, and the back locks no longer worked.  The guy who came to pick it up was driving a 3/4 ton GMC, and it fit his truck much much better than it did mine.  It fit good enough to make me think it was designed for a GM.

Everything was wet and soggy Saturday morning, but I rewashed the truck to add a second layer of paint.  I found out something about paint pens.  The paint in them is MEK based, so when I went to put the second layer on, if you swipe with the pen instead of just blotting, the MEK in the paint will turn the first layer I put down back into liquid and will take it off.  So I had to just blot the second layer on, which wasn't fun.  There were a few spots that definitely needed it though.  This scratch was still visible before the second layer.  

I also went through and did another round of weed killer.  

With the cap gone, I got the utility trailer all set up to be repainted.  With the incoming rain though, I didn't do anything with it.  

Sunday was stormy, though they came in later than expected.  It was already in the 80s when I rolled out of bed, so I was kind of lazy.  I mostly just cleaned out the truck.  I had a lot more crap in there than I thought.  

I was bringing up a load of stuff to the shed, and I noticed that there were some really dumb mice.  They have been eliminated.

Some of the storms that went through in the afternoon were vicious, albeit short in duration.  One of them pushed a tree into my shed.  Ugh. The tree isn't completely uprooted, so it didn't do any damage, but I will have to do something about it.  I can probably pull it away from the shed with the tractor, but will need to cut it down.

All that is left on the truck is the clearcoat.  I am also ready to start working on the utility trailer again.  I won't be around this weekend since I am helping Tim move, but should be able to do some of this during the week.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment