Friday, November 19, 2021

Nothing like the last minute.

I didn't quite get everything finished last night, but pretty close.  I made full use of the massive amount of lights I have added to the tractor.  No flash, no night mode required.


I went down the driveway and got the markers put in.  I decided to do the driveway markers first since I wasn't sure what the chains would do to my not-yet-packed gravel, and the more I thought about it, the chains can be done anytime.  Once the ground is frozen though, the markers are no longer possible.  I would like to think that I don't really need the markers anymore and that I know where my driveway is, but better safe than sorry, and I can't put them in later if it turns out I need them.

All the little white specs are markers.


I also moved the clothesline over towards the grill.  This will make it easier to clear the slab, which I usually do with a combination of the grading blade and the bucket.  


I started to jack up the tractor to put the chains on, but it started raining, and I didn't really feel like putting them on in the rain.  I can do them when I get back though regardless of frozen ground and snow cover.  The anti-gel diesel additive is in, so it should run.  I had forgotten that my jack doesn't fit underneath the cross bar on the back, so I will probably do each side individually.  I need to pack today, so there won't be any progress or posts until after Thanksgiving.

Winter Projects:
  • Install chains and anti-gel in tractor.
  • Get power center out of truck.
  • Fix shed floor.
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

No comments:

Post a Comment