Monday, November 15, 2021

Time is running out

I was at the LAN last weekend, so no real progress updates.  This was my setup.  I got a chance to use an actual gaming laptop provided by Stefan.  A gaming-capable laptop is a candidate to replace my desktop.  I have been looking off and on at replacements for a while now.  That will likely be a winter project though.

I did get a harsh reminder when I got home that winter is on its way.  The severe thunderstorms that rolled through New England over the weekend were apparently thunder-snowstorms in Sullivan.  Despite being 50 there was still snow there over a day later.


I was a little confused when I got home since I saw a Wal-Mart.com box sitting on my steps.  I hadn't ordered anything from them, but apparently Amazon sent me a new water jug for the camper in a Wal-Mart.com box.  Not sure how that works, the Amazon seller was not affiliated with Wal-Mart as far as I can tell.  I am also not entirely convinced that this jug is what it said it was; it might be a cheap knockoff that they stuck an Ozark Trail tag on, but as long as it works, I am not sure I care.

With the snow imparting more of a sense of urgency, I need to come up with a plan to complete the winterization items.  I didn't want to, but I will likely have to complete them in the dark this week, since I am headed back down on Friday, meaning no daylight between now and then.  It is crazy how my whole autumn just kind of disappeared.

2021 Projects:
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Install driveway markers
    • Pull out snowblower and prep it.
    • Winterize mowers
    • Install chains and anti-gel in tractor.
    • Move totes on slab
    • Take down bug-zapper
    • Get power center out of truck.
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 

Winter projects:
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
    • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

1 comment:

  1. Well you spent a good chunk of your autumn not at home! In Kentucky and South Dakota!

    ReplyDelete