Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Abnormally productive in the dark.

I was unusually productive last night considering by about 3PM I was braindead.  I think it was mostly I was tired when I got home and kept doing stuff to keep myself awake until bedtime.  

Even though winterizing isn't on the checklist, that is a lot of what I did last night.  My hose is turned off.

I also pulled out my snow shovels.

The bike is hung up.

I cleaned off the Craftsman.  I hit the key, expecting the battery to be dead, but it spun right over.  I still intend to try to get rid of it before winter.  It is good that I will be able to drive it out though, it would suck to have to lift it up over the gravel piles I put in there.

I also cleaned out the carport a bit.  I have a lot of crap to go to the dump, but all the boxes are out of there now, the random wood chunks from the chop saw are out, it is back to mostly just equipment again.  

I apparently didn't grab a picture, but I also moved the storage container up tight to the carport, which is where it will live for the winter, and similarly pushed all the patio chairs and whatnot over there.

The only winterization left is to switch out the lawnmowers (and run them out of gas) and snowblower in the carport, and put the anti-gel and chains on the tractor.  I have to move all that stuff out to finish spreading the gravel though, so it should happen soon.

None of this stuff was on the checklist (though it really should have been), so no movement.
2021 Projects:
  • Before Trip (currently planned for 10/16)
    • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
    • Baffle box
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Shed supports
    • South wall siding
    • Driveway round three
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 
  • Before Snow cover
    • Remove dead/dying beech trees

Winter projects:
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
    • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

No comments:

Post a Comment