Friday, November 12, 2021

Classic started everything, finished nothing evening.

The big thing I did yesterday was I sold the Craftsman.  I didn't get much for it, but I at least recouped what I had paid for parts the last few years.  The guy thought it was a steal for him, though I have seen more than a few listed for free on Craigslist in the last few months that had a shorter list of defects.  So it worked out for both parties.

After getting it loaded up and gone, I started a bunch of things, but didn't really complete any.  I pulled out the snowblower.  It is very webby.  I didn't get the oil in it changed, I would rather have daylight for that.  


I put stabilizer in the mower and the diesel additive in the tractor.  The chains aren't on it yet though, so that isn't completed.


I pulled the bug zapper down, though I haven't figured out how I am going to clean it yet.  Last time it pretty much cleaned itself, one rainstorm with wind and most of it came off before I took it down.  This year that didn't appear to happen. 


I also took down my yellowjacket trap.  Its kill count: 0.  I probably won't get another one.


It feels nice that I can stage stuff in the carport again. The back corner is empty.  I am planning on putting the totes from the slab here when they dry off, I put them in the carport last night.  I am debating whether to put gravel down first or not.   


A couple other odds and ends: the replacement for the Koolatron arrived yesterday.  Not sure how I feel about the piezo being in the lid, it will take a lot more mechanical abuse up there.


I went and got the propane tank filled.  I can grill again.  



I found the key for my snowblower.  The wiring for the key broke off years ago though.  


As I was moving the totes I had forgotten that there was a tote of screws that I still need to clean up.


Getting close.  I started most of the items left before winter, but didn't complete anything. 

2021 Projects:
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Install driveway markers
    • Pull out snowblower and prep it.
    • Winterize mowers
    • Install chains and anti-gel in tractor.
    • Move totes on slab
    • Take down bug-zapper
    • Get power center out of truck.
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 

Winter projects:
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
    • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

No comments:

Post a Comment