Monday, December 6, 2021

Kind of a lazy weekend.

I didn't do much over the weekend.  I went to a party on Saturday, and made a cinnamon roll cheesecake for it.  It was delicious, but man cheesecake is a lot of work; it took several hours of prep time and a couple of hours to cook.

Sunday I at least decided to drag myself outside for some work, though I didn't roll out of bed until well past double digits...  It was warm enough that the ground had started to thaw a little bit, so I smoothed a couple of the spots in the driveway that had gotten roughed by my not-so-limited-slip rear end in the truck.  Hopefully this won't be a major problem going forward.  The gravel didn't get packed enough before the ground froze.  

I also walked around my lot a little bit.  Not all the snow had melted off yet.  Most of it is gone now that we had rain last night, but snow is still in the pretty stage.  

I also went up to the shed with the intent of working on it, but ended up spending a half hour sweeping it out again.  This time I pulled the damn bag of insulation out of the shed, so the mice that want to live in fiberglass can make their mess outside.  They have consumed several feet of the fiberglass.  I will throw it away next time I go to the dump.  

After cleaning that out I started pulling out my winter stuff.  I got my snowshoes out.  

I also noticed when I was pulling out my winter boots that I had a tote that I didn't know what was in it.  I pulled it out and it was mostly spare computer parts that I didn't even know that I had.  

That reminded me that I had another tote of computer parts that I also pulled out.  I haven't opened this tote in the 5 years I have been up in Sullivan, and at this point most of what was in it is hopelessly out of date.  Most of it was out of date when I moved to NH 7-8 years ago.  There were some interesting antiques in there.  I will probably scrap all this stuff, since at this point I have decided that I am going with a laptop for my next computer.

I am not sure why this was on my phone, but I for whatever reason had a picture of a llama on my phone.


In the end while I cleaned out the shed again, I didn't get the floor started.  I did do a little bit of research and started to develop an itinerary of my next trip.  Greg (the host of the party on Saturday) is from Texas and he basically said just keep on driving.

Winter Projects:
  • Install chains and anti-gel in tractor.
  • Get power center out of truck.
  • Fix shed floor.
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Put up more shelving/hooks in the carport

3 comments: