Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Research

I haven't done much project-wise the last couple of days, but I did do some research on solar panels.  The Tesla panels I used as a baseline when doing the solar calculations are competitive, but far from the best option, especially given the lack of available information on them (I have yet to find a true datasheet on them).  The two best options were the Canadian Solar 315W and the REC 375W.  Both manufacturers have decent names in the industry as far as I can tell.  They aren't the most efficient panels, but to get the best most efficient panels by weight or by size drives up the cost significantly.  I haven't decided which one I will go with yet, likely whichever one makes the roof assembly easier since the panels are different sizes.

All the panels I compared are below (click to enlarge)


I also got one of the quotes back for the tractor, Chappell quoted me $12,900 including delivery and filling the rear wheels.  I am still waiting to here back from the other place, Pinnacle (which is a lot closer).


UPDATE - I got a quote from Pinnacle and it was a tad lower at $12,729.  I saw a used BX2380 (next size up) for $12,500 at Chappell's that I intend to inquire about.  It only had 90 hours on it, and being generation 80 two years old at the most. 

1 comment:

  1. I inquired about the BX2380, and that 12500 includes filled tires and delivery. I will probably take a closer look at it. The larger tractors do have other comfort features (the 2380 has a tilt wheel for example).

    ReplyDelete