Monday, May 4, 2020

More power measurement issues.

I got a late start on Sunday, sleeping a bit later than I expected.  I decided to do some more solar testing.  I didn't have the appropriate terminals to make a real harness, but I did get the shunt all wired up. 


I went and got it all wired up, this one is a little more complicated to get set up than the other. 


It worked though, and it was a bright sunny day.


When it did go behind a cloud though, I noticed that the meter died. 


Turns out that this meter's voltage range is 6V-100V.  When the sun goes behind a cloud, the voltage drops to around 3-4V, so this one is caused by me not reading the data sheet.  I ordered another one that is externally powered.  I am also planning on building a BOM and ordering the parts to build my own. 

Afterwards I went for a walk.  I noticed when I got back that my well was gushing and watering my back yard again.


The daylight pipe wasn't readily visible anymore though so I went and got my rake. 


After finding it, I used the rake and scraped off the screen on it.  It gushed.  A lot.


Even after the initial explosion of water, it poured out a lot for a while.  I probably dumped well over 100 gallons on the ground.


At that point it was around 3:30 and I decided not to start on the shed, since there was no way I could finish it.  So I decided to fix my push mower instead.  I drained the gas and pulled the spark plug, which looked fine.  I wiped it off and put it back in.  With some fresh gas, it started poorly, but it started.  I had to manually force gas into it with the primer bulb for the first 30s to keep it running, but afterwards it ran on its own.  It isn't running great, it vibrates a lot, but it was never a good mower to begin with.  I let it run for several minutes before I shut it off hoping to burn off the crud that kept it from starting.  I actually didn't need the ether that I bought.

I plan on requesting quotes from the two Kubota dealers nearby today as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment