Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Getting ready

Today I didn't get much done outside despite being a fabulous day, but I did get a few things done outside. 

I took a quick gander at the trench.  There was one place where it obviously was still pooling, so I dug that out a bit more. 


I also painted the license plate holder for the trailer.  I might get that installed tomorrow.

In addition, I got a couple of indoor tasks done.  I got my video card swapped out (I can hear Matt saying "finally!" as I write this...).  The new one is a lot bigger than the old one. 




My drivers and everything were new enough (for a change) so everything just worked.  Bonus points if you can name that movie.


I also finally got everything completely changed over to the new phone.  The internet feels faster on it, but it still struggles when tethered.  I can upload full size pictures on the blog now, but it still takes a long time for google to load hangouts and stuff like that.  I still can't load more than one webpage at a time.  The speedtest I ran on the phone was a little disappointing, even if it was a lot better than the old phone.  I kinda wish they reported ping, because the phone doesn't feel like 8/1.25 speeds.  That is theoretically faster than the cable I started out with in the apartment (which was 8/1) but it doesn't even feel close to that.

Perhaps soon I will write a more complete review of the phone.  The short version is if I had bought the phone new I wouldn't be pleased with it, but it is a notable upgrade from its predecessor.  A lot of my gripes with the phone I knew about beforehand too and bought it anyways. 

I also added a tab for charge controllers for the camper battery, though I haven't filled it in yet.  Today at work was hectic and I didn't get a ton of free time.  Perhaps tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right genre, wrong movie. That is Gumball Rally, the Cobra and the Ferrari. Towards the end when they approach Rosco's last speed trap.

      Delete