Monday, August 19, 2019

The mower will have to wait.

Yesterday was not a good day.  Apparently the belt on my mower deck is now a scarce size.  I checked Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware, Jack's True Value, Sears, and Home Depot and nobody had a belt for it.  Tractor supply was the only place that even had a shelf spot for an 88 inch.  So I spent most of the morning looking around for a belt that nobody in Keene stocks.  It was also a lot hotter than it was supposed to be yesterday, so I didn't get as much done in the afternoon as I had hoped.  It is also really tiring heaving tires full of mud over shoulder height to toss into a dumpster.  Turns out there were a lot more tires than I realized too.  The dumpster is almost a quarter full of mostly tires.


The new pile in the back is almost half gone though, and I have more than half the tires out of it.  It is even hotter today, but I still hope to finish it up today.  It will probably be tomorrow though.


We got some pretty awesome storms last night.  It was a surprisingly large band of deep red on the radar, and the thunder and lightning was constant for almost 15 minutes.  I tried to get a video, but alas my phone is incapable of that kind of dynamic range, it was either black or washed out white, which was disappointing.  Still fun to watch though. 

The storms did present an opportunity to test the drainage system though.  There was standing water all over the back yard where the drainage didn't cover.


I was able to walk the entire path of the pipe and there was no standing water in the back though. 


At some point I will need to come up with a better plan of smoothing things.  Just walking I was able to identify lots of places where the mower would struggle.  The only thing I can come up with though is hitting it with a rototiller to chew everything up and then smoothing it with a bo rake.  That is a lot of time though, and I don't have a rototiller.  Either way though, I think I probably won't do anything with it this year.  Maybe that will be a next year project.

One other bit of news, they come up Wednesday to install the propane.  They are going to hook up the stove as well, so I will need to buy a new kit (normally they won't reuse an existing one) but it saves me the hassle and headache. 

  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  9. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  10. Build a lean to for equipment.
  11. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  12. Install windows in the shed.
  13. Install power and lights in the shed.
  14. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  15. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  16. Paint the house.
  17. Paint the shed.
  18. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  19. Burn the pile.
  20. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  21. Bury the power cables.
  22. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  23. Setup entertainment center
  24. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  25. Install curtains and shelves.
  26. Install trim.
  27. Install a table in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment