Sunday, August 25, 2019

Some minor appliance updates.

I fixed the leaks for the dishwasher. 


I ran several cycles through it to clean it out.  I ran a vinegar load to get rid of the calcium buildup from back in the apartments, and a bleach run to kill off any mold or mildew that might have built up in it the last few months.  The vinegar load also helped get rid of soap buildup in it too.  Not sure where the soap came from.


This morning I ran the first real load of dishes through it.


I also did the "burn in" for the stove last night.  The high yesterday was 69, so it was chilly in my apartment.  The burn in is basically just run the stove for a half hour to burn off all the manufacturing stuff and bake the paint on.  The stove heats up the house some, but not as bad as I expected.



On the mower front, I am looking at pushmowers.  That seems like the most prudent option at the moment.  The yard isn't in great shape; if I buy a real tractor or another riding mower, they are going to take a pounding. 

1 comment: