Saturday, August 31, 2019

More mowing. What a pain but hopefully not for long.

I spent pretty much all last night and a good chunk of the day mowing.  I had more left than I thought.  In total, I have spent probably 6+ hours and almost three tanks of gas mowing.  And since the mower did a kind of crappy job, I will have to mow again in another week or two.  To be fair though, I did get a bunch of stuff done that I don't do with the tractor as well. 






The back yard was pretty bad on the far side where it hasn't been leveled yet.


I also did some equipment maintenance today.  I never properly offseasoned the snowblower, and wanted to check it after the pole holding up the now deceased bug zapper fell on it.  It turns out that all the gas evaporated out, so I didn't have to worry about stale gas.  I put some fresh stuff in it with ethanol protection and made sure it ran.  The chute looks like hell.  It took a bigger whack than I originally thought, but it is intact, no breaks.


After the mowing fiasco, I also took some time trying to resurrect the deck.  I might have come up with a solution.  I just used flat washers to re-level the right spindle.  I put some washers in when I installed the spindle to flatten out and make it line up right. Add a washer to the pulley to make the belt line up and presto.  The blade didn't really seem to sit any lower, so I hopefully won't end up where the left blade cuts a quarter inch higher than the right. 


It turns out the spindle was most, but not all the problem.  It shattered when I removed it.  Fortunately it sheared off at the same time, so I didn't have to grind it off.


It is ready to be reinstalled on the tractor.  I really hope it works. 


This morning I also got another shelf put up.  I might put additional supports under the ends since it gets pretty flimsy at the edges, though I might build the closet first in case it needs to shift.


Hopefully tomorrow I will actually get something done on the checklist. 
  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  9. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  10. Build a lean to for equipment.
  11. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  12. Install windows in the shed.
  13. Install power and lights in the shed.
  14. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  15. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  16. Paint the house.
  17. Paint the shed.
  18. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  19. Burn the pile.
  20. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  21. Bury the power cables.
  22. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  23. Setup entertainment center
  24. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  25. Install curtains and shelves.
  26. Install trim.
  27. Install a table in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Even if the blade height is off a bit, it will be OK for what little is left of mowing season

    ReplyDelete