Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lazy couple of weeks hopefully coming to an end.

I haven't posted much lately because I hadn't really done much.  I have been rather lazy the last couple of weeks.  I finally got back around to getting some work done yesterday though.  I had company last weekend, Rachel came out, so I put up a "door" to the bathroom.  I basically just hung an opaque curtain up, but it sufficed.


I also got one of the shelves over the windows installed.  It helped clean up the place a bit.


I also finally got around to putting braces on the bed legs.  They had been starting to twist a little, so they are all shored up now. 


I had another casualty as well.  I am down to just one pair, though I tend to use ear plugs more these days. 


I got some motivation yesterday and I started cleaning up the tires in the back yard.  I got a half dozen or so out of there.  Still a long ways to go though.  I am surprised they haven't said anything to me about the dumpster yet, I have had it almost a month at this point.


When I got tired of heaving tires up at shoulder height that were full of mud, I switched over to the wood pile.  It doesn't look like much, the pile is larger than I thought. 


We haven't had any major storms lately, but the few times it has rained there has been no standing water in the back, so until proven otherwise the drain pipe is considered a success.  It was an expensive project too, even returning the pieces we didn't use, the whole thing cost almost a grand.  400 or so for parts, and 600 to rent the tractor.


We have had some wind the last few days though.  My bug lamp blew over again, and this time it looks fatal.  I need to build a lean-to or something up on the slab.


When it started to get dark, I started doing more interior stuff.  I took my old table and got it sawed in half.  This half got the honor of being turned into a shelf. 


This piece will probably remain as a table once I finish more of the storage stuff inside so I have a place to put it. 


I got the shelf installed right before I went to bed. 


In addition, the propane company was out there yesterday for a site visit.  They have identified where they are putting the tanks and all that, so I should hear from them in the next day or two to get that scheduled.  I will need to mow the yard before then (I haven't mowed in  three weeks, and it looks bad...  Really bad...)

I have got seemingly too many things in progress all at once, but will hopefully start driving them to their conclusions. 
  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  9. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  10. Build a lean to for equipment.
  11. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  12. Install windows in the shed.
  13. Install power and lights in the shed.
  14. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  15. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  16. Paint the house.
  17. Paint the shed.
  18. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  19. Burn the pile.
  20. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  21. Bury the power cables.
  22. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  23. Setup entertainment center
  24. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  25. Install curtains and shelves.
  26. Install trim.
  27. Install a table in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment