Wednesday, August 21, 2019

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Fire.

The guys came today and set up the propane.  Since the new belt for the tractor just came in last night, I hadn't mowed for them, so I came home a bit early and did some clearing with good ol' manual labor.


Good thing this thing still works.  The teeth on it are pretty chewed up.


They inspected my work, and they said it was all good with one exception.  The bonding of the line is supposed to be at the "first fitting".  I did it from the first fitting from the rough-in, so while it is bonded, it is bonded at the tee under the utility room.  It is supposed to be the first fitting from the tank though, so the bonding should have been on the exterior shut off valve.  The line is bonded though so it is functionally equivalent, but that was the only thing I did that wasn't correct.  On another note, while I understand that they do this for a living, holy crap they can assemble fittings and joints quickly. 

My stove is alive...  They changed out the jets on it so it isn't like Mom's and Dad's stove.


The hot water heater is alive too. 


The water takes longer than I would expect to get hot considering there is only 10 feet of line, but the bathroom sink hot water worked like a charm. 


It turns out I forgot to finish the dishwasher hookups, one of them still leaks, so I don't have the dishwasher hooked up yet.  Grumble. 

They installed two 120 gallon tanks.  They come with 10 gallons in them (that is all they are allowed to transport them with without special permits).  I thought two tanks was overkill, but apparently there is a good reason for it.  In the winter, if it gets below 0 and the tank is down around 10-15 gallons, apparently a single tank can't evaporate enough propane out to run a tankless water heater, because I need 180k BTU minimum.  So it isn't a volume issue, it is a tank flow capability issue.  Good thing I didn't just try to run a couple of 100 lb tanks, if a 120 gallon tank can't produce enough, there is no chance that even two 100lb tanks would generate enough.


This does present a different issue though: I haven't extended the wall yet, and they attached everything to the front wall.  That is something I will have to think about at some point.  Perhaps I will just make a jig that hangs on the front exterior wall or something. 

I didn't get pictures, but I have also gotten all the tires out of the pile in the back, so I am doing ok on that front as well. 

So unless I go home and my home is no longer there or it is filled with gas, the propane is complete. 
  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  9. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  10. Build a lean to for equipment.
  11. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  12. Install windows in the shed.
  13. Install power and lights in the shed.
  14. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  15. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  16. Paint the house.
  17. Paint the shed.
  18. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  19. Burn the pile.
  20. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  21. Bury the power cables.
  22. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  23. Setup entertainment center
  24. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  25. Install curtains and shelves.
  26. Install trim.
  27. Install a table in the house.

1 comment: