Monday, February 27, 2023

No progress, just visiting weekend.

Not too much going on during the week, just getting paperwork aligned for the mortgage.  

The weather in Keene was supposed to suck for the weekend (bitter cold and windy) so I decided to visit Tim in Rhode Island.  It wasn't great, but it was much nicer.  I spent most of Saturday tending a fire.  It was mostly pine, so I was burning it hot and fast.  While I didn't get the tractor rim glowing orange, even after not feeding it for a few hours it was still very much aglow when I was stirring it.


We burned about half the pile, so roughly the equivalent of this, and I did most of it in the last few hours.  Somebody did call the fire department on us (most of it was pine and had snow on it, so there was a fair bit of smoke), but it was a non-issue.  


I am curious what it is about my shoes that cats like.  Aunt's and Uncles cats do the same thing.  My shoes got very molested by Tim's cats (especially Fiona, the one in the picture).  They even stick their whole head inside them.  


It was a nice relaxing weekend.  The weather in Rhode Island was a lot milder than Keene, and chef Tim was cooking.  He is enjoying his retirement, working on projects, getting things cleaned up at the new house down there.


No comments:

Post a Comment