Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Last of the quotes are in.

Not too much to report, I haven't done much work this week.  I did get a picture of the latches though.  I think they will be strong enough to keep it closed while bouncing down the road (memories of Pennsylvania spring to mind) but they are rated for 330lbs hold strength.  I doubt that they would even come close to that, but with one on each side they should be enough.  


The only other news is that I have all the quotes now.  The quote for the site work came in lower than I expected, only about $18k.  That brings the total to $153,165.  The house is $129,665, the electrical and plumbing is $5,500, and the $18k for the site work.  I will start visiting banks this week, and get the ball rolling.

The last quote was the only remaining task for the contractor task.  I have the building permit filled out, and will be dropping it off tomorrow.  I also intend to go visit FineLine homes on Friday to get on the schedule.

Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Get contractors in place.  
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

1 comment: