Thursday, June 9, 2022

Futon has arrived. Tiny homes are tiny.

I went out at lunch yesterday and picked up the futon.  I had originally though it would fit in the laundry room.  I was wrong.  It is kind of obnoxious not having access to my sink or most of my counter, but oh well, it is only for a day or two.


Last night's project was cleaning that corner up.  I had piled a bunch of laundry and stuff on the couch.


This corner hasn't been cleaned in a long time either.  


I got both of those cleaned up and also emptied everything out from behind the couch.  I had a lot more wood back there (the cedar boards I used for window sills and the embedded shelves and stuff) than I remembered.  I was happy to note there were no signs of mice.  


The futon is longer than the couch by about a foot, so I also turned the dresser the other way.  There will be a drawer that gets blocked by the futon, but oh well.  I only really use the top three drawers anyways, which will all be accessible.  


The rain is supposed to end this afternoon, so I will be putting the couch out with a free sign on it unless someone wants it and I hope to get the futon assembled tonight.  The couch itself is in the tail end of its life, though the cushions could be restuffed.  The ottoman is in good shape.  I have timed carved out of my calendar today to visit Fine Line Homes as well as long as nobody schedules a meeting over top of it.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment