Monday, June 13, 2022

Disassemble, Reassemble.

Friday I went and took the loveseat to the dump.  It was kind of a pain to do myself, but thankfully I have a nice wide standard 36" door and didn't need to play games curling it around the corners.  The hardest part was getting it to the door since the door opens inwards.  It is no more though.


When I got home (I made the dump run on my lunch break), I finished cleaning up the area.  Apparently my Swiffer is dead and wouldn't spray, but I just squirted the juice manually and got the floors cleaned.

The it came time for some assembly required.  It took a while since the area isn't really big enough and the Allen wrench they provide isn't very good.


But the frame is assembled, it just took a bit longer than expected.


And this is an example on why you don't let floorplan dictate your electric layout.  This outlet wasn't accessible before, now it can be used for the shelf that will replace the bed.


Looks like I mis-measured (or added wrong).  The chair juts out past the edge of the door by more than an inch or two like I thought.  It hasn't been a problem yet.  


The futon.






Saturday I started off by taking new pictures for the housing documentation.  I realized when I was all set to go to FineLine homes that all my pictures were snow-covered, not giving a good view of the features.  I also missed some important pictures that became apparent when I was looking at floorplans last week (like the size of my pressure tank and water system).  That document is now up to date and is still at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14WgIvIaH2oGHtBOF50b3kvNYJGwmeKhZ34cWlwqmqGo/edit?usp=sharing 

After that I decided to work on the trailer.  Turns out my 4 1/2" angle grinder isn't really 4 1/2" despite that being what the sticker says.  



The wire brush was difficult to get on under the guard.  It touches the edge.  


I used it anyways.  It chewed up the edge of the guard a little and the grinder has to noticeably work with it on there though.  


After beating up my grinder, I got the trailer frame primed.


While I was waiting for that to dry, I found the wrench for my grinder (the first time I used it after buying a new wrench).  It was actually in a logical place; it was in the drawer right next to my spare grinding discs.  I apparently missed that drawer when I was poking around in the shed for it.  D'oh!


While I had everything out, I decided I might as well repaint the hitch on my truck.  


Sunday I didn't do much.  I slept in (I am sleeping much better on the new mattress) and some storms rolled in early afternoon.  I mostly did chores and spraying down the knotweed.  It looks like the stuff I sprayed last week didn't have much affect.  I went to tractor supply and got regular glyphosate this time since the internet said Home Depot had stopped carrying the stuff I was using (which was actually a lie).  

I did have enough time to put the final paint on both the truck and and the trailer.  I still have the underside to do on the trailer (which is primed, just needs paint), then all that is left on the trailer is the board ties for the ends (which I already have the lumber for).



When it started drizzling I decided to work in the carport.  It has become a mess since the switch to the futon meant cleaning out the house, and a lot of the stuff that was formerly behind the couch ended up in the carport.  I did some organizing and I finally got the ramps hung up.  


On a side note, they apparently decided to use the side nest this year instead of the one in the back.  There are little babies poking their heads up out of the nest now.  Last year they abandoned this nest and built the one all the way inside the carport, this year they used this one.

The trailer isn't done yet, so no movement on the list.
Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the side yard.  
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment