Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Materials have gotten expensive.

I got some dirt and rock delivered yesterday.  One full dump truck of each. Dirt and rock has gotten absurdly expensive; those two piles ran a grand.  Materials have gone up substantially from last year; my last load of rock was $14 a ton, this was $18, but delivery has gone way up as well, from 68 a truck load to 117.  Loam is over $20 a ton.  Might make me seriously consider getting a big dump trailer down the road since my lot needs a ton of dirt.  



Last night I also got around to cleaning the floor in the bathroom.  


I also sprayed down a can of the flex seal.  They don't put coverage numbers on their cans, and I can see why.  I ran out before I got a single coat on the floor.  I was laying it down thick, but that is just sad, I am only covering maybe 8-9 square feet.


This stuff isn't cheap either, it is 14 bucks a can.  If it works, it is worth it though.  Not having an inside shower at home kind of stinks.  Having a shower that leaks wasn't too great either.  Hopefully this will solve those issues.  I will pick up another can tonight.

Apparently I have a lot of bugs in my yard.  I have now seen turkeys each of the last 5 days.

While the materials are now on hand for the driveway and back yard items, I am not marking them in progress until I start doing something with it, so no movement on the checklist.  I am going to try to get the dumpster delivered today. 

2021 Projects:
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Level back yard
  • Level front yard 
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment