Thursday, September 23, 2021

Fixes and a new generator

We are pretty near the time of the year where I can't really do anything when I get home, since it is already dark.  I did get a couple of things done this week though.  

I took advantage having the dumpster there (they hauled it away yesterday) to replace the carpet in my entryway.  It had gotten chock full of dirt and my wimpy vacuum wasn't picking it up anymore.  


I picked up the generator last night.  


The last thing I have been working on is fixing the cap.  It is now bolted back together.  Only one of the holes was busted, so hopefully this holds up ok.  


I lost a drill bit doing it though.  I was a very weird angle drilling out the rivets, and I apparently torqued it too much.


None of these items are on the checklist, though the generator enables the construction of the baffle box.  I mostly wanted to get the cap fixed before I drove the truck to Albany this weekend.  I am headed to a wedding in NYC (taking the train from Albany) and didn't want the back window to tear off or anything.  I probably won't have much of an update this weekend.

2021 Projects:
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Level back yard
  • Level front yard 
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment