Friday, September 3, 2021

Back to work. Well, kinda...

After taking it easy for a couple of days, I haven't really done much this week.  I went and picked up some free mulch from Breezy. I am thinking I will use it in the back yard.  It is quite a lot, better than half a dump truck full (hard to tell from the picture, but that pile is over 3' tall and is around 5' wide).  Just dig out the silt and mound this up high over it.  Mulch is not good fill, but it breaks down into really nice dirt.  I will just have to go and relevel in another year or two when it settles.  For free, I won't complain.  I expect I will be working on this lot for a few years.  

As an amusing side note about the Colorado trip; when I got back I had an email from a head hunter about a job in Colorado Springs.  I have poked around the area a bit (houses are ridiculously expensive...), but am reluctant to do that drastic a relocation at this point in the Sullivan project.  It would be one thing to move somewhere I can still drive here and maintain the place until it is ready to sell, but Colorado is a 30 hour drive if I go straight there.  It is two 18 hour drives if I stop over in KY.  

No progress on the checklist.  Aside from Ida, the weather has been really nice this week, and I have a three day weekend coming up (though Labor day doesn't look nice).  Given that it is September and I already have a couple of weekends booked, I really ought to start cracking on the project work before winter.  There aren't many weekends left.

2021 Projects:
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Level back yard
  • Level front yard 
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment