Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Slow day at work. Battery research. New phone

It was a slow day at work the last couple of days, so while I was sitting in meetings not quite listening to stuff I don't care about, I did a little research and pricing on batteries. 

I did a comparison of Lithium based batteries, and it looks like the KiloVault is the best option for just a battery (click to blow up the chart, which is a picture since you can't paste a spreadsheet into Blogger).


I also looked at some complete systems, similar to the Powerwall, but there don't seem to be many options. There is one from SimpliPhi, but it is exorbitantly expensive.  They do however make some pre-wired boxes that include the charge-controller and inverter and all the electrical pieces needed to go along with it.  Even though they are a bit more expensive than completely building my own, I would likely go that route to drastically reduce what I need to become an expert on.  They are largely just hook up panels and a battery and go, and average in the 3-4K range on cost. 

I also put the paint on the trailer yesterday, though since it is black on black, I didn't bother to take a picture.  It is slightly shinier now, since the paint is semi-gloss vs matte for the primer.

I also decided to buy Matt's phone, which should arrive this evening. 


2 comments: