Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lots of little things done.

Yesterday I got out on time and got a lot of stuff done.  Most notable, I completed the trailer wiring.  It was interesting trying to get my heat gun to work in cold and winds, but the trailer wiring is complete.

I taped it up for good measure, electric tape is cheap.  The wire is a lot longer than it needs to be, but longer isn't necessarily bad.  
 

I also saw a mosquito the other day, and the dunks I put out were likely washed out by the large amount of very heavy rain we got on Monday, so I went and put some more out in the areas of running water.  

A nice creek picture.  

Some of the ones that I put in the standing water were still intact.  

While I was walking around I noticed that I had a few blow downs in the back.  

I also finished up a few indoor projects.  The curtain and shelf in the laundry room is complete.

The curtain for the door is hung.

I also started on the spice racks for the cabinet doors.  I got one complete. It will eventually be on hooks that latch onto the rear dowel, but this one was snug enough that it stayed up on its own.

That said, there is a slight design problem.  I just assumed a 1x4 would be deep enough.  I was wrong.  At least the way that it is built.  I might just get a piece of half round or something and tack it on the front instead of the front dowel.

While I had the stapler out, I also finished up the toe kick boards on the cabinets.  They got put on hold when I discovered the dishwasher leak, but the dishwasher hasn't leaked since I tightened up the source line and don't push it all the way in 

This morning I woke up to snow.  

1 comment: