Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Couple minor odds and ends.

So I passed out when I got home last night, and then couldn't sleep when it came time to sleep (Doh!), so I did some project work instead. 

I went and installed the brackets for the last curtain in the laundry room.
 

I also got the resistor setup completed, though it took an unexpected sideways step.  I brought home a third 10Ω resistor, expecting it to be 3.33Ω when I put them all in parallel (1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 where all three Rs are 10Ω).  My meter said that wasn't true though, so either the resistors aren't what is printed on them, or I have forgotten how to calculate parallel resistance.  With all three (supposed) 10Ω resistors in parallel, it measured out at 2.5Ω.  Both the Fluke and the cheapo meter agreed too.


With only the original 2 (supposed) 10Ω resistors in parallel, it measured out at 3.2Ω, which is close enough for what I want to test. 


So I got the test fixture all ready to go with actual connectors.


I also stopped at Home Depot at lunch today and picked up some more paint and a few missing pieces, like the shelf and dowel for the laundry room.  I will hopefully get to work on that tonight, though it is already getting late.

No comments:

Post a Comment