Thursday, April 9, 2020

New toys and spring cleaning.

The last couple of days have been nice, so I have done some spring cleaning. 

I started to clean out the back seat of my truck, and guess what I found there: all my wiring.  Turns out I had a spare connector (of the long enough variety too) so I didn't need to buy a new connector.  D'oh!

I also swept the entry in from the cars, to help minimize the dirt that I am tracking into the house.  I have had a lot being dragged in of late.

I also got a few toys to play with.  I got the new power meter.  It is a bit smaller than I expected.

I also got a little hand vac so I can vacuum the aforementioned entry rugs that have accumulated massive amounts of dirt.  I tried using my regular vacuum and it pretty mush sucked up the whole carpet and I didn't have a place to keep it in the house, so it is stored in the shed.

I also picked up a ceiling mount for the TV in prep for some experimentation for the entertainment center.  It looks like this one won't work though, I was hoping to flip the bracket to the other side, but it will hit.  Since the mount is for a smaller TV than mine, I might need to do some modifications.  They will just be more annoying than I had hoped for.

I also spent last night unwrapping Matt's nuclear-proof packaging that had maybe two square inches of anything that wasn't covered in packing tape.  

But there is a new phone inside.  Even USPS couldn't smash through his packaging.

Since I am guessing it will want to do a lot of updates when I connect it, I will wait for next month's billing cycle to switch it over, which starts in two days.  They are running an unlimited bump for people who buy data the next couple of months, so it can consume bandwidth to its heart content.

You will have to excuse the slightly awkward picture (my only camera is the phone necessitating the use of a mirror), but I thought it would be kind of neat to see the progression of cell phones and how much bigger they have gotten.  You have my old Nokia brick on the left, the Moto X (my first smart phone), the Moto G5S+ (my current POS) and the new one.  I don't have the Voyager feature phone that was between the X and the Nokia, but the Nokia outlived it anyways (the Voyager was not a reliable device).  The jury is still out on the newest addition, but coincidentally from left to right you have the best quality phone to the worst.  The Moto X was a worse phone than the Nokia, the current POS is a POS.  Hopefully the newest addition changes that trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment