Friday, April 17, 2020

Minor spice rack update.

So I decided to try to make my own half round trim from spare dowels so I went and dug out my table saw.  I think it is time to prioritize cleaning out the shed, the tower of totes (the ones I used as weight for the winter) are now the Leaning Tower of Partially Crushed Totes.


But I can get to the table saw again.  I need to come up with a solution for sawdust though.  Especially since I don't have the windows installed yet. 


Trying to make half round ended in miserable failure, but I was able to cut those nice maple boards I got from Tim in half and make that work.  Well, mostly.  I didn't get the rip perfectly in the middle (oops), and a little over halfway through the board it started trying to throw the pieces, but that was enough to get the pieces I needed. 


I got two of them glued last night.  I really feel bad for this ottoman, it has basically become my workbench inside.


The first one is now hanging and is completing its drying.  They look nice.  If it ever warms up, I might consider putting a layer of urethane on it, but personally I do like the natural look of cedar.

No comments:

Post a Comment