Friday, November 11, 2016

Weather didn't cooperate, but at least it wasn't a wasted day.

Happy Veteran's Day!  It wasn't supposed to rain at all, but when I woke up this morning, it was raining.  I also missed that the high for the day was at 8AM.  I had intended to go up and paint today, but that obviously didn't happen.  I did go up to the property though to pick up some tools, and it was snowing up there.  Paint would not have gone well.  To add insult to injury, I actually forgot that today was Veteran's day, and had also planned to go take care of property taxes and truck registration (I am still running on the temporary plate...  Which expired a week ago).  That didn't work out well either.

Today was not a complete lost cause though.  I did get some time after everything that wasn't supposed to be cleared out to start on the air conditioner cover for Andy.  The side that is a joint is all ready for further construction, the other set I still need to go over with a rasp and file to smooth everything out and make it not so tight.


I think my circular saw is officially toast, it cut out several times during the cutting.  Good thing I will be using the miter saw for the rest of the cuts.

I also got some of the plastic up.  I have everything cut for the living room, but ran out of tape.  I have another box which has another roll in it for the bedroom though, so I should have some leftover from that I hope to finish the living room.  With a little motivation, all my windows should be winterized this evening, which is good since my heat has been running for the last couple weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, i can't let my pipes freeze you know... That would mean no bathroom and no showers... Not a good scenario.

      Delete