Sunday, November 13, 2016

Nice weather and a productive day.

I went up and got the entire frame painted today.  It was plenty warm enough, and I spent most of the day up at the property.

here is a before and after:




The whole frame is done. I only got one heavier coat on it, but that will hopefully be sufficient.




I also got the back mowed while I went to run the push mower out of gas.  Both mowers are now stabilized.  I had run the tractor out of gas a while ago, and now apparently the battery is dead.  I will deal with it in the spring.


Before I left, I tried to move the trailer into the spot where it is going to eventually go, but while I can lift the front of the trailer and push it around, the dual axles make it near impossible to turn by hand.

I also got the bulk of the air conditioner cover for Andy done.  All that is left is the top and some hooks in the back for the cross beam.


So just as an update, the to-do list:
  1. Buy a new truck.
  2. Install the outrigger supports on the shed.
  3. Install the inter-rafter supports for the ridge board.
    • Design done, boards need to be cut.
  4. Rework the pilings for the shed.
  5. Remove the trailer tanks.
  6. Sand and paint the trailer.
  7. Weld the new pieces onto the trailer.
    • This will likely get pushed out to next year.
  8. Put gravel down in the driveway.
    • Nice to have.
  9. Install driveway markers.
  10. Stabilize the mowers.
  11. Cover the piles and stuff on the slab.
  12. Electrical panel work.
    • Nice to have
  13. Install the mailbox.
    • Post installed.

2 comments: