Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Trailer is done!

The trailer is completely done.  It took a little longer than expected (like everything seemingly has) but I allocated the whole day to it, so I had plenty of time.  It also never even got remotely close to the temperature it was supposed to be, but was still barely warm enough.  The high was supposed to be 66, the highest I measured was 57.


This is what it looks like going on.  It turns black very quickly, but the bluish whitish liquid takes a few hours to dry.


The whole trailer is done.  This turned out to just be the first coat.  It is supposed to be one coat and done, but it is supposed to be a heavy coat, and mine was apparently heavy enough, so I had to do a second one.  My roller worked better than a brush, but I should have gotten a nice roller, not a cheap one.


The finished product.  I might still paint it (this is only a primer) if I get the chance, but I am not holding out much hope for that.


I got the hole dug for the mailbox this morning as it was warming up.  It is about 18-20 inches deep, so it should be plenty deep enough.


Unfortunately I realized that the spare 4x4 I had lying around needs a bunch of work to detach it from the framing it was previously on, and apparently the two bags of concrete I had got wet at some point, so I had to go get a new 4x4 and bag of concrete.  The post is in though.  I hope it cures properly.  It is supposed to set in 20-40 minutes, but I left after an hour and it was still soupy.  This is no-mix concrete, and I did follow the directions, so we shall see.


I will have to cut it off with a hand saw to the correct height and make the arm once it cures.


While I was waiting for the concrete to set, I noticed that I apparently have an apple tree.  Not sure what kind.  It doesn't have thorns and the apples don't really look like crabapples, so I will have to nab one and find out.



Got a nice view of the sunset on the way home.  The picture isn't great since I took it while driving, but it was a nice view.


I also think I saw a deer today, in my back yard.  I heard something large moving, so I got up from under the trailer to look, and I saw a white tail bobbing walking away, a few feet off the ground.

I checked off another item on the to do list:
  1. Buy a new truck.
  2. Install the outrigger supports on the shed.
  3. Install the inter-rafter supports for the ridge board.
    • Design done, boards need to be cut.
  4. Rework the pilings for the shed.
  5. Remove the trailer tanks.
  6. Sand and paint the trailer.
  7. Weld the new pieces onto the trailer.
    • This will likely get pushed out to next year.
  8. Put gravel down in the driveway.
    • Nice to have.
  9. Install driveway markers.
  10. Stabilize the mowers.
  11. Cover the piles and stuff on the slab.
  12. Electrical panel work.
    • Nice to have
  13. Install the mailbox.
    • Post installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment