Sunday, November 20, 2016

Mailbox checked off the list.

While not technically 100% complete, I haven't installed the bracket, I put the name and numbers on the mailbox today.




I also continued work on the AC cover for Andy.  Frustratingly, I split two of the rear cross beam supports.  I think I will drill and use screws for the third one.  I had been using my air nailer.
The first casualty:


I have the beam cut and the support on the right installed.  I haven't decided yet whether or not something to keep the board from falling off the back will be required.


I also got the box framing for the roof done.  The brackets are in addition to some long screws that took forever to put in with only the little driver.  It also has the main "rafter" installed.


I also went and picked up the ripped board from Tim.  I had him do it since it was easier than bringing my table saw back to my apartment to rip one board and then bring it back to the shed.  He also had an extra inverter lying around which he is letting me borrow until I get the power up there fixed.  One of the ripped boards is for the center "rafter" and the other will be used to make a lip along the outer edge so that it sets on and stays put on the rest of the frame.


I am not sure if I will get much done tomorrow, it is supposed to be cold and rainy, but I hope to at least finish the roof part and get the fiberglass done.  I intend to use Andy as a guinea pig to see how well the fiberglass holds up to a winter.  

The updated to-do list (it is getting smaller!):
  1. Buy a new truck.
  2. Install the outrigger supports on the shed.
  3. Install the inter-rafter supports for the ridge board.
    • Boards cut, need to be installed
  4. Rework the pilings for the shed.
  5. Remove the trailer tanks.
  6. Sand and paint the trailer.
  7. Weld the new pieces onto the trailer.
    • This will likely get pushed out to next year.
  8. Put gravel down in the driveway.
    • Nice to have.
  9. Install driveway markers.
  10. Stabilize the mowers.
  11. Cover the piles and stuff on the slab.
  12. Electrical panel work.
    • Nice to have
  13. Install the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment