Friday, November 18, 2016

Another casualty.

Since I didn't get up until almost noon (what a bum...) I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped.  I did manage to get the mailbox installed though.  I do have a bracket for the 4x4 junction, but I forgot it at home, I left in a bit of a hurry because of how late it was.  Sorry for the crappy pictures, I also forgot to grab my camera.




Unfortunately it came at the expense of another unexpected tool failure.  My new drill that I just bought in July apparently has turned it chuck into goo.  It still spins, but as soon as you put any resistance on it, it makes a very bad grinding sound and the chuck stops.  I will be looking at RMA'ing it.  At least I managed to get all but a couple of the screws into the mailbox before it gave up.

I did get a little bit done when I got home, including cutting the boards for the rafter supports, and got another couple of pieces cut for the AC cover for Andy, but didn't get anything installed.  

1 comment: