Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Quite the reversal from yesterday.

Unlike yesterday, I got a lot done today.  The sun was out and everything dried up by the time I rolled out of bed.  It was warm enough to boot too.

Unfortunately I had another casualty today.  I busted my pry bar.  It isn't supposed to be straight...


And this was on top of its existing "condition".  Fortunately I have dad's nice one, this one just happened to be on top of my toolbox which is why I grabbed it.


The back quarter or so of the trailer frame is complete.  This was all completed using the wire wheel.


So apparently all that time in France eating lots of food and not working out at all has made me a wimp, this was a lot harder work than I expected.

All the underlay is off too.


On a side note, the axle design on this trailer isn't like any I have seen before.  Hopefully it isn't an issue, since the tiny home will be a lot heavier than the camper that was previously on it.


For the rest, I will likely be using a rust converter.  It arrived this evening.  The hope is that it is a lot faster, since there is no cleaning, just glob it on and it does the rest.  It will be interesting to see next spring which one held up better.

No comments:

Post a Comment