Saturday, October 8, 2016

New truck!

I finally traded in the crappy old Dodge that I had and got a newer 2011 Toyota Tundra.  I went and picked it up today.  It was a long walk to the dealer (my bicycle decided to bust its schrader valve last night when I went to put air in the tires), a little over 7 miles.  My feet hurt, but it was worth it.

Profile Shot


It has the towing package, and there are two plugs there, a 6 pin and a flat 4.


It has a bedliner, and a cover.  Not sure how I feel about the cover yet.


The only physical blemish on the outside of the truck.


Spacious back seat.  The seats fold up, just like my dodge.


Driver door.  Power windows and locks.  And a random cubby hole.


I haven't quite figured out what all the buttons are, but power mirrors, the dome light control, bed light.


I haven't figured out the steering controls yet either.


I haven't seen a cruise like this in a while.


It has the hauling mode, and the shifters for the manumatic mode, though I haven't figured out how to actually engage that yet.


A very nice simple control panel.  The radio does have XM satellite radio, but I probably won't pay for it.  FM still works fine for me.  It also has an auxiliary 3.5mm and a USB port.  I also got a free CD with it, there was still a Simon and Garfunkel CD in the radio.  One more thing I like - the AC is not forced on when defrosting.


Another cubby hole and two 12V outlets.


Pull out cupholders, like my dodge, only these ones don't creak and groan like the Dodge's did.


Trailer brake tester/adjuster.


It has an additional compartment over top of the glovebox.


Floor mats, vinyl ones that won't collect moisture (I hope).


It also has a manual rear window.


When the bed cover was installed, it looks like they didn't part of it correctly.  It is just silicone though, nothing that will cause rusting issues later in the truck's life.

1 comment: