Sunday, October 16, 2016

Nearing ready for the trailer painting and some leaf peeping.

Unfortunately no pictures today as I forgot the camera, but I made some progress, despite the fact that most of my tools are in my car which is at the mechanics, getting my tires rotated and replacing the rear bearings since they were starting to make noise.

I still had my grinder (without the wire wheel) and the reciprocating saw though, so I was able to complete the removal of the flooring in the front.  There was one board left where the ants had colonized the trailer.  I also got the outer bent parts of the aluminum skin off.  The last thing I managed to get done was I got the black water tank out.  It was easy since the supports were rotted through anyways, I just cut them out and the tank came with them.

Most of the interior of the frame is cleared at this point, I also got the ducting removed as well as most of the plumbing that was still in there.  There is still tank in there (the gray water tank) that was being obnoxious, but shouldn't bee too bad once I have my full complement of tools.

Unfortunately, when I left there was just the beginning of surface rust on the support beams, but it is now much more rusted.  I know it has been exposed to the elements for the first time, but I really didn't expect it to rust this quickly.  I might end up trying the rust converter anyways.  It is a bit more expensive, but also gives me a base primer on the metal, so I don't need to do 3-5 coats with the paint+primer I bought.

It is supposed to be nice for the first half of the week, so I will hopefully have more updates tomorrow with actual pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment