Monday, October 17, 2016

Beginnings of painting and tanks gone.

Yesterday I got the aluminum side corner pieces off.


The ones on the ends are still in place since they are kind of a pain to get out.


I had a half day off from work, so I managed to get up to the property and get some more work done.  I got the last tank and spare tire removed, and started the trailer.

The pile of crap of everything that has been removed.


I originally though Matt might have missed the spare tire when he was hacking things away with the reciprocating saw.  That was not the case.


Today's main weapon of choice was the grinder.  The wire wheel works well.  The grinder's sincere lack of power (it is dying) wasn't a big issue either.  The one I got for the drill works as well, but is much slower.  I was intending to use some rust converter, but apparently my home depot doesn't stock it.  I have some on order, but want to get as much done as possible before the weather gets too cold again.


I also got the first part of it painted.  I didn't go all the way back since I intend to remove that and properly extend the back a couple of feet.


It is nice and shiny.


I am reconsidering leaving the metal on the bottom on.  I don't want to reuse the styrofoam (I know there are ants at least living in it), and it is glued down to it.  In addition there are a bunch of holes in it.  I would probably spend as much time repairing it as I would installing new.   If I can come up with a quick way to get rid of the styrofoam it might still be worth leaving it but if not, it might be easier to just remove it and install new.

Hole:


Wheel well:


Obnoxious pain in the butt styrofoam.

No comments:

Post a Comment