Monday, October 24, 2016

A day late, but weekend progress.

I didn't do much on Saturday.  I went to a party and spent most of the day chopping up veggies and making creole rice.

Sunday I went up and did some prep work.  It was too cold to apply the rust converter, but the trailer is at the point where I just need a quick wire brush (literally just a quick gloss over) and then roll it on.  I removed the various screws and things attached to the frame.   I also hit all of it with the grinder and wire wheel, so I just need to knock off the fresh rust before I convert it.

Screw holes


There were still running lights on the sides.


I also cleaned out from underneath the trailer.  It was quite messy, and not fun to crawl around in.  Some of the dirt got blown back under, since it was very windy, but it is still much more pleasant to lay in.  This way I can also use a creeper to get around underneath the frame.


All I need is a warm day at this point, I have the roller, a tray, and the gallon of converter (which I hope is enough).

I also measured the distance needed for the outrigger/rafter supports.  Hopefully those will be marked and ready to cut tonight, though I will probably wait for tomorrow to actually do the cutting.  I am also working on an AC cover for one of my coworkers, so I will hopefully get that drawn up tonight so I can create a bill of materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment