Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Ready for rafters finally.

I didn't have my camera yesterday so I didn't update anything, but yesterday I got the tarps cleared off, filled up the generator (it ran out of gas on me) and got the ridge beam marked.


We had a lot of wind last weekend.  Enough to destroy previously perfectly fine bungee cords.


Where I had used straps, it just shredded the tarp.


The ridge beam is marked.


Today, I got the ridge beam standing.  The top of my head is around 2-3" above the top of the beam.


Apparently I misplaced my tin snips, so the Z flashing is just kind of sticking out.  I will get it cut off eventually.  Since I am installed it after getting the end cap installed, it didn't go in very well.


It appears that there is a slight modification still required...


But all in all, I am ready for rafters at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment