Thursday, June 2, 2016

Mowing after a long weekend

First up:  thanks Matt for lending me his old Elph camera.  I can now shoot real pictures pictures again.


So I ran into something yesterday.  Stopped the mower dead, couldn't pull the recoil either.  I figured out why today.  I apparently ran over a bunch of chicken wire.  Didn't see it, didn't know it was there, but the blades found it.


The grass needed it.  Badly.  This is the part that had been mowed previously, and it was up to my shins, though it is hard to tell in the picture.


But over the last two days, I got the whole front done.






The side and back are really really bad.  I am not sure I can easily mow them at this point.  I might just let it grow wild and do something about it towards the end of the season.


The back is probably over knee high at this point


As usual, I found some goodies in the yard.  Normally it is just rocks and garbage, but today I found a new gas can cap, one that has the insert and will actually seal.


I also found this.  The engine is familiar, the 2.8 multi-port is what mom had in her old Celebrity, but I don't recognize the part.


I haven't gotten anything done on the shed, but it looks like the second gen tarping solution didn't work either.  The shed appears to have stayed dry, but the tarp wasn't taught enough and it has now pooled.  Thankfully when I get the rafters installed that should no longer be a problem.

1 comment: