Sunday, June 19, 2016

Quick easy but productive day.

Well ,we counted exactly correctly on the strips, I had none left over but had exactly what I needed for my roof.  All I have are a few pieces of scrap.


On the whole roof, I only made one slight error where something didn't line up where it should have.


All the furring strips are installed though, and the roof is ready for metal.
Top view:


From inside the shed:


I don't have the outriggers installed yet, but those aren't strictly speaking absolutely necessary to move forward with the metal.  Unfortunately, I am now out of material, and my truck is out of commission at the moment.  The wheel bearing had been getting worse for some time now, but something else (tie rod end or ball joint) just went bad and now the truck doesn't turn well and shakes real bad, so I will be getting that fixed asap.

Apparently working outside all weekend without a shirt on burned this computer nerd's shoulders right up.  It is worse than it looks in the picture.


Since I know Heather has been waiting, I will be hopefully restarting the drive recovery tonight, I have the Win7 flash drive made up, and will be installing it tonight and restarting the drive recovery that was so rudely interrupted.

2 comments:

  1. Take care of that sunburn! Good progress on the shed roof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been forcing myself to be patient! LOL. Hopefully it won't get interrupted again! Shed looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete