Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The shed survived

Sadly I didn't have my camera today, so no pictures...

We had some rather stout winds (40+mph) coming through today, and thankfully when I went up to the property the walls were all still standing.  I wasn't sure if my bracing would hold, but it did.

Unfortunately I ran short on time this afternoon, but everything is now set up for tomorrow.  The generator is moved up to the construction zone, I got the top plate for the wall cut, and got the site generally prepped for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will attach the top plate and hopefully get the last long wall sided.

I want to get all the walls up before Friday, since some really nasty stuff is moving in this weekend.  If I get the walls sided and ready to stand up, I can probably grab some people on Thursday to stand them up.

I also got a new ladder, and it somehow managed to fit in my car.  It is an 8' step ladder.  I had to do some shuffling to get it into my car (it doesn't go in nearly as nicely as the boards did), but it fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment