Saturday, March 12, 2016

Another wall done

First off: happy birthday to me!  I got a cake and ate it too.


On Friday after work I went and picked up all the boards that needed cutting.  I was actually quite surprised that they all fit in my car.




At first it looked like the tarp had held, but then I looked around the side and sure enough it didn't.




The end result (plus the fact that there is apparently a few holes in my tarp and I spilled some when I pulled it off) was that the floor got wet.  Quite wet actually.  Thankfully I found an old squeegee up there and was able to push most of it off.
 

I got the back wall built today, though it is hard to tell from this picture.


I have everything cut and ready for the front wall.  The front wall is the most complex one because of the doors.  Here's to hoping my math was right and I didn't forget anything!




In case I did screw up a measurement, I have some spare lumber now.


I hauled everything up there using Tim's trailer today.  On one hand, it was nice to not have to worry about boards sticking several feet out of the tailgate, and it is easier to tie everything down on it, but it did take a bit longer.  I might use it for longer boards (12+ feet) going forward, but I think it is just easier to use the bed of my truck, even if the boards stick out 4 feet.  I was surprised that I didn't seem to have too much trouble turning the trailer around up there, though I did end up jackknifing the trailer to get to turn sharp enough to be able to turn it around without using my lawn.



The last thing I did today was to start emptying the dirt/sand out of the back of my truck.  I used it to fill in the ruts going up to the shed from the slab.  The ruts in the driveway are more severe, but I am intending to have a load of gravel dumped on that part.  I also used one of the mounds that I drive over to help get some gravel/rock in it as well.





The mound is getting smaller.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good! in a couple years you'll pave that driveway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! The shed is coming along good!

    ReplyDelete