Thursday, March 31, 2016

3 Up, one to go

The third wall is now standing!  Thanks Tim, Mick and Mike, your next beer is on me!  With 4 people, the wall went up in a flash.


My slightly crazy bracing scheme is the two walls are connected at the top, the left wall has a T support going to two trees.  It held the one wall without issue, hopefully the other too.


The last wall is assembled.  I rebuilt it during lunch today so it is much stronger.  It is now ready for siding.


My even crazier tarping solution.  It is more taught in the front than in the back, so that rain will run towards the back.  I also have a steep downward slope at the back, hoping to help with the runoff.  I put it in with a couple hundred staples, so hopefully it holds up.  I also hope we don't get any inclement weather from the north, since that whole side is wide open (the back wall).


Hopefully there aren't too many new holes in the tarp...


The inside is now all blue.


Since the tarp I bought for the door is protecting the generator, I took a tarp I found lying around up there and stapled it to the front.  Since the fourth wall isn't up yet, I can still get in the shed from the backside.


Since we got our bonuses today, and I got backpay from the raise I got this year, I should be able to continue working without financial concerns, though the weather for the next week looks pretty terrible.

3 comments:

  1. Soon you'll have to be putting walls on your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those should be easier actually, since they won't have the heavier plywood siding on them. plus I probably won't side them until after they are up, since normally with the house you would sheathe it with OSB, then tyvek wrap it, then put up the siding.

      Delete