Friday, August 23, 2024

Another small update.

The cap is now mostly ready, there are just a couple of final touches to do on it; just JB Weld the hinge and put tape over the former holes in the top.  The JB welding is actually important so hopefully it holds: the cap doesn't latch with the window sagging down because the arms no longer line up.



Apparently google only supports rotation for panorama shots now, this is what my attempt to take a sliding one looked like.  Way to go Google.


The cap work was Wednesday.  Yesterday the next (and probably last) round of stuff came in.  At this point, even if I order something it probably won't arrive before I leave.


I got my bear necessities.  Bad pun intended.  I will admit the canister is bigger than I expected.


One thing I have noticed with the new tires is that they seem to be collecting rocks, and it makes it sound like I have studded snows on when I drive down the road.  I don't recall that problem when I had these on the Tundra, but it really isn't a big deal.  


I decided to be useful during my lunch walk yesterday and walked to OReilly's and got a new wiper.  The old one had started to tear.


I also got the receipt for my dumpster yesterday.  I was pretty close on the weight; I only had 140 lbs to spare.


Since the new cooler came in, I decided to run another test to confirm my prior results.  I will have the results tonight.  It started at 85% charge, and I expect it will be roughly 40% tonight after 24 hours.  I hope it is above 50, but that isn't highly likely, but means in a pinch with a little bit of driving involved I can go 3 days without recharging the Jackery.  The big one is set as a freezer, the other a refrigerator.



I also finally got around to doing some of the pre-cooking.  The seafood cafeteria noodles for frozen lunches (cafeteria noodles with shrimp and fake crab).  I have finished up the frozen veggies as well, they are all cut and vacuum sealed now.  I still have two more rounds of cooking to do: the meat, and one more set of 4 lunches.  My freezer is actually quite full.


I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet, but I also hope to test out my weirdo attempt at infusing more charge into the Jackery while driving this weekend.  I have a DC-DC power supply board that current limits, and I borrowed a couple of AC power supplies from work that I can plug into the inverter of my truck.  I just hope the current limiting is good enough of a solar mimic for the charge controller to take it.  Solar panels are really really hard to fake out because they are very different electrically from normal power sources.


I was hoping to be able to climb Monadnock this weekend as a litmus test for whether I can do decent moderate hikes, but I am not sure I have enough time.  We shall see though.  I need to finish up the cap, which only has minutes of work left, and install it on the truck, but I also need to finish up the hotel reservations and whatnot.  Maybe I will see where everything stands on Saturday night and maybe try going up Sunday very early (you have to be early to get parking).  

Current to-do:
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum.  Clean up trash.
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment