Friday, January 5, 2024

Crazy 4 wheeler plan didn't work.

I had an idea to try to create a trench by riding the four wheeler through the mud in the back yard to create a drainage trench for the water that was build up around the slab.  Yesterday was supposed to be the warmest day of the week, so I decided to try it yesterday (I took a long lunch from work).  I was disappointed when I got home and found out it had snowed and didn't get anywhere near as warm as it was supposed to though.  


I tried it anyways.  Turns out the mud pit even without sinking because the ground was still frozen was up to the shifter.  The mud flap was dragging.  Perhaps it was better that it was frozen.  


I backed in and punched it hard on the way out, but no dice.  Just some fun.


While I had the wheeler out (since it could just run over the shrubs and smaller trees), I went out and poked around the back where I wanted to plant the apple trees and whatnot.  I will still dig a hole next year to verify, but there are enough larger trees back here to make me believe that having enough dirt will not be a problem.  



I also took the wheeler up to the shed and pulled out all my winter stuff.  I grabbed my boots, snowshoes, and my tote that I think has my heavy winter coat in it.


When I put the wheeler away, I put the stuff back in the correct order.  It is supposed to snow this weekend.


I also poked around the electrical issues a bit.  Turns out the plug was full of water, which could be a problem.  It doesn't take much leakage current to trip a GFCI.


While I was waiting for the plug to drain last night, I went to use my elliptical and saw this.  These batteries might not be good anymore.  Unfortunately some of it dripped on the carpet.  Grrrr.  I will grab some IPA from work today and try to clean the pins on it, see if it still works.



I did a quick check this morning before I went to work, and the GFCI stayed on.  So this means it was either the plug being full of water, or the splitter that I had plugged in.  Either way though, this means I have power in the carport again, which means that I can finish up the tractor, hopefully before it snows Saturday night.  

Current To-do:
  • ASAP
    • Shorten PTO shaft for snowblower
    • Final mowing of leaves?
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

1 comment:

  1. For the record, IPA = IsoPropyl Alcohol (isopropanol also works), not India Pale Ale

    ReplyDelete